3.73 in a ETA and Chip question

I'm going to put a 3.73 l/s diff in my eta this week. I would like to
hear from anyone that has done this mod on there eta. I've heared that
this is too low of gearing. But I want the accletion of the gears. I was
looking for a 3.46 l/s but they are very rare and I didn't want to have
to pay big bucks. I have a K&N intake, Diain chip, and ansa cat back
exhaust allready on the car. I also have a question on the diain chip.
The chip is to rasie the rev limit to 5200 rpm. But when I drive the car
to near redline it bottoms out at about 4250-4500. Does that mean that
the stock chip is in there? I have the llittle box that the diain chip
came in with what I belive is the stock chip. I just bought the car 2
mouths ago. And he gave me the little box. Any info that any one can
point me to would be great.
Kyle Sanchez
85' eta