Oil leak in E30

Well I'm fairly new to the list and have two problems I'd appreciate
help with. I purchased my '86 325e last january and it I think it
drives very nice. The problems now, Well it has leaked oil since I
bought it, the first week I owned I changed the oil myself and it
looked good and used, no particles floating in the oil and no water
in it. but the car has burned about 1/2 to 1/4 of a quart of oil a
week and I was wondering if anybody can give me an idea of where to
look. Oh yeah, last weekend I changed my spark plugs and found the
tips where really dry and white, but every other part of them where
covered in oil. So maybe thats where the leak is? if so what can I do
about it.
    My second porblem is that I have a strange idle once the cars
warms up. When cold the car idles very nicely right around 700-750
and sounds nice and relaxed, but once it gets warm it pulsates
between 700 and 1300 almost like I was revving the engine alittle
here and there. I've been reading the list and heard something
mentioned about an Idle Control Valve, abut when I went into the
foreign car parts supplier here they couldn't find anything under
that name, thanks for all the help you've given already and all that
is to come.

Phillip