<M20> torx head bolts

Horst,

Unless you go to head studs (~$200), all head bolts are ONE USE ONLY.
Installation torques them to yield, so you'll risk broken head bolts if
you try and use 'em again.

The first torque is 22 ft-lbs.  Then use an angle torque gauge to do
two 90-degree sweeps.  If you're replacing the bolts with the head in
situ, replace them according to the *installation* procedure.

I don't have an angle torque gauge, so I just put a little dot of
correction fluid at the 12 o'clock position and torqued to 3 o'clock
and then 6 o'clock.  It's not as accurate, but it worked for me!

Hope this helps!

      KC Boyce
      '85 325e
      E30 Eta Page: http://rikki.cc.colorado.edu/~k_boyce/