2002 heater question

Heater question

     The heater in my 1969 BMW 1600 never has operated well, apparently
because of an interanl design defect in a duct diameter  ( heater core ?
).  Living in the MidAtlantic east coast with relatively short, mild
winters I've worn a coat and gloves rather than depending upon the
heater.

    Does any early or late model 2002 heater warm the car any better ?
    If yes, will a 2002 heater easily install in the 1600 ?

    Thanks!

    Kevin

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]