E28 Back up light problem

The backup lights on my E28 M5 are out.  I changed the bulbs and fuse and
swapped out the sockets.  None of those seem to be the problem.  I recently
had the front seats and console redyed.  Is it possible that the guy messed
up the switch or wiring by the gear shift under the front part of the
console?  Anybody have any experience with this or suggestions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I don't know how to take the front console off, so, if that is
necessary, instructions for that would also be appreciated.