Oh no! Alterator whine!

Just upgraded my stock stereo to a Kenwood cd-player,
Nakamichi amplifier and an MB Quart two way front speakers.
But as a lot of other BMW aftermarket stereo installations
I got more alternator whine than music.

I have read all the previous threads on this subject and
also tried to follow them as much as possible.

Everything is mounted in the front. The amp is placed
behind the glove compartment and it's connected to the CD with
high quality RCA's.
The stock stereo was a Bavaria (=3DBlaupunkt?) CD-player with
built in amp. So it's not the external amp/crossover solution
which seems to be pretty common.
I have used as much of the original wiring as possible.

So is there anybody out there that have some ideas for me?
Some good ground placement in the front and so on?
I heard that lots of problems depends on the placement of=20
the battery in the trunk. Can somebody explain?

If I can't locate the problem, can I use some low pass filter
on the power cable? Is it possible to mount that near the=20
power input of the unit which picking up the noise? (I think
it's the CD player).

Please send me I private copy since I have trouble to keep
up with the huge amount of info on the digest ;-)

Thanks,
Magnus Jansson 325i Coup=E9 -93.