e28 I found the problem!

     I just like to relay information about repairs I run into especially
     when I post the problem on the digest.

     I had a "shimmy" when I decelerated in my '86 535i.  Meaning...when I
     checked up on the gas between 2000 and 3000 rpm's the steering wheel
     and other parts started to shake.  I would push in on the clutch
     and/or accelerate and the problem would go away...

     THE PROBLEM......  cracked and damaged Giubo Disk (a.k.a. flex
     coupling).  I've been told it is an average repair, but I am going to
     let my mechanic guide me through this one.  I have an appointment this
     Friday.

     BEAN