Profile gasket failure

Well, it finally happened to me too. I didn't think my year was prone to
it, but... It's a 94 318is (manufact 9/93) I have 67K miles on the car. I
also found out that the BMW road-side assistance runs out at the same time
as the warranty (6 months ago!).
Left me and my girlfriend stranded on hwy 80 on our way to skiing on Sat
morning. I'm glad she had AAA.

Anyone have any suggestions on things to check on after the car has been
repaired? The temp gauge was only slightly over normal when I pulled over.
Also, I say a lot of coolant spray under the car. In the rear-view mirror
it looked like smoke coming out of the right side of the car.

I hope no motorcycles were following me when it dumped!

- -Richard Southern
rsouthern@domain.elided