RE: [E36] FS: Stock 97 M3 Exhaust

For Sale:  Stock M3 exhaust with AC Schnitzer DTM Tips with 40,000 miles,
just broken in for that 325, 323 or 328 out there looking for a little more
umph!  First $350 takes it.  The ACS Tips alone cost $250, what a bargain.
We'll split shipping.  Contact Mike via email mailto:gaylemd@domain.elided
or  mailto:gaylemd@domain.elided
Mike G.

Hey Mike, sounds like a great deal but I just had to let people on the
digest know that only a '95 M3 exhaust will fit on an E36 325i. (M50/M50TU
'92-'95) When BMW switched from the 3.0L to 3.2L engine size in 1996, the
exhaust pipes also grew slightly larger. It might fit on a '96+  328i (M52
engine) though. I'd like to hear from somebody on the digest about that. For
anybody out there considering sticking an M3 muffler on a 325I, all I can
say is the M3 muffler is 200% better than the stock 325i muffler, especially
when it starts getting LOUD. Mine had balls of rust in it causing noise like
you wouldn't believe. (126k on it) The gasket was also worn out. The new
muffler is much more quiet and the car seems more powerful (I have a K&N
filter and Jim C chip as well) I was amazed at the difference. Most upgrades
are slight but this was one I could actually notice. :)

Regards,

John

1990 750iL
1992 325iA