Battery with Vent Tube for under-seat 92 525i

I'm trying to replace my under the back seat battery in a '92 525 and=
 hopefully avoid buying from the dealer at double/triple prices. The first=
 battery I bought didn't have the vent tube ( I'm holding off installing=
 it), and I suspect it's a poor idea to go without it...although my BMW=
 mechanic advised me that it didn't matter.

Two questions:=20
1) Does it matter?
2) Do other OEM manufacturers offer vent tube connections?
3) What are we paying the dealer for BMW batteries these days.  Might be=
 time to bite the bullet.

=2E..OK.  That was three questions.

Jonathan Schwartz=20
Jonathan Schwartz, Software Licensing/Business Development
Schwartz & Company
ph (415) 381-1852      fax (415) 381-1855
817 Marin Drive Mill Valley  CA 94941    jbschwartz@domain.elided

End of bmw-digest V9 #1066