Re: Bleeding Power Steering

My factory manual says:

With the engine running, turn the steeering wheel lock to lock and back twice.
It does not mention raising the wheels.  If I think about it, and how the rack works, you
probably want to put some load on the wheels and it should be done with the wheels on the
ground.  There is a valve in the rack that applies hydraulic pressure proportional to the
load imposed on the steering.  With no load, there may not be enough fluid flowing to
bleed the system of air.  But driving it should do the same thing, I think.  You may have
a leak in the system soemwhere that is letting air in.  IS the reservoir as full as it
should be?  Are you loosing any fluid?