E28 Headlight upgrade? and differential question

I almost hit a small rodent/rabbit leaping across Highway I-70 the other
night, I probably would've been able to slow down if I would've seen it!

My deal - need brighter Headlights...I've heard some murmur about Hella
          "Super White" bulbs or something, but I never heard a finality
          to that whole headlight issue (however, I remember some people
	  complaining because some kinds of bulbs blind the oncoming
	  traffic.  Yikes!!!!!)

The other deal -  I'm pulling about 3 grand (RPM) when I'm going 78MPH,
		  I've heard that the stock differential on my '86 528e is
		  a 2.91 or so, but this high number (3K is high for an
		  ETA to hold for 2 hrs!) scares me, do I have the stock
		  differential in?

Finally, while I'm on the whole speed issue, is it worth it to use that
legendary Jim C. chip on the Eta engine, a shop that does alot of work on
BMW's (Bimmer's R Us) says that Dinan makes the best chip......What is
your opinion?  No dyno or HP numbers needed, I just want to know if it's
worth $250 of my money!

Thanks again, I just wish I were more knowledgable about aftermarket
parts!

Eben Shantz
'86 528e
BCCA # 163464