Tires, Spacers, Sway-bars, Questions

Hi All!

I need to replace tires in the very near future, but have some questions. My
car is a E30 '86 320i 6cil.
I still got the standard 14" rims (with the standard 195/60/14 tires on it)
on it for the simple reason i like them very much. On the other hand, since
i need to change tires, this would be a good point to improve the cars ride
/ look. Therefore i would like to have wider tires, but keep my rims. As
i've understand correctly in previous posts 205/60/14 is as wide as it can
get on those rims. To further improve ride/look i also want to add spacers
(those plates between rotor and rims, to make the wheel-to-wheel distance
bigger, right?), but i'm also told adding those would be bad for the
bearings. What spacers (howmany mm) could be added without damaging the
spacers? And finally i was told that adding spacers would also require
installing sway-bars. Is this so, and if:why? Or is this related to the
spacers thickness. And a last question would be: do i need front, back, or
both installed, and what would be the effect of a front and/or rear
swaybar...
As allways: many thanks in advance,

Greetinx,
MaZe thezeeuw@domain.elided