E-36 M3 HD Clutch Problems

I have recently had a new Sachs HD Clutch installed by a reputable local
Import shop that has many BMW customers.  Parts used were all purchased from
KORMAN as specified by them.  They included: 1.) HD Clutch Disk, 2.) HD P.
Plate., 3.) Pilot Bearing & Release Bearing ( stock ), 4.) Release Lever ( I
was told this should be renewed with the installation of the HD clutch.

Problem:  1.) Clutch engages at or very near the floor, this seems to change
depending upon the temperature of the car and is worst when the car is cold
or has been driven at speed in 5th as on the interstate. 2.) It is very
difficult to get into 1st or reverse when fully at a stop.  3.) Clutch
smells as if it is slipping when driven hard as in a solo although I can not
detect any slippage at that or any other time.

The import shop has bled the system several times and installed a longer rod
in the linkage to the clutch in an attempt to produce a clutch that engages
in the mid point of the travel as was the case with the original clutch.

The M3 is a 95 with 38K on it.

Please reply to me individually or to the digest if you feel other may
experience this same problem.

Thanks!