Re: <All> Leather care

Joshua M. Marrow asks:
>I hope this thread has not been beat to death in the past, but I would
>like to know what the best product is to condition and clean the leather
>interior.  In addition, are there any products that can help "restore" the
>original leather smell and help remove any cigarette smell from the car (I
>think the last owner was a light smoker).

Thanks to a note a few days ago on another BMW list, I've contacted
Leatherique Restoration Products, http://www.leatherique.com/  I ordered
some of their leather rejuvenation oil, and it turns out that they have a
special going on for BMWCCA members right now (they've been in business for
30 years), and will send you a bottle of their cleaner along with the oil
for free.  The restoration oil is $40 a quart, so it isn't cheap, but it
does sound like very good stuff, mostly animal-based, not silicone-based.

They claim that if you apply their rejuvenation oil, it will lift dirt,
perspiration, etc. out of the oil to the surface, where you can remove it
using their cleaning product.

I don't know how well this stuff works yet, but will be glad to report on
it in a couple of weeks after I've tried it out.
- -tdc

Tom Childers		'88 M5 stealthmobile, '89 K100RS, '79 R100S
Corte Madera, CA	BMWCCA, IBMWR, AMA, Airheads, etc.