<E30> Running on all 6 cyl?

I took my 86 325es in to a BMW repair guy to get my shifter slop fixed.
He suggested a couple things.
a) rear shock tower mounts are causing my clunking.
b) tranny mounts
c) engine running on 6 cyls?

Is there any ill effects of having the tranny mounts being very mushy (his
word)?
C really concerns me.  I didn't have him check it out because he'd have to
charge.
He says it feels like it is off at idle, and the idle is high.  I know I need
a new idle control valve, but he says that it may not be running on all 6
cyls?

Is there anything I can do?  I have yet to change the rotor/cap/plugs/wires
since I bought the car in November.  It has 160 miles on it.
He also said that he doesn't think it is using it's full power when driving.
What kind of checks can I do?

TIA,
Jeff Patch
'86 Alpine White 325es - Dinan, K&N, 17" Giovanna, Dunlop W10 215/40
http://jamspot.simplenet.com  <--- BMW Page