Unusual noise on my 1997 M3 ...

     I have noticed a kind of "rubbing" noise when driving at 20-25mph,
     that has gradually been increasing over the last month or so.  I am
     thinking wheel bearings, maybe, although I notice the rear tires
     (original from new) are getting kinda low on tread (the car has 30,000
     miles).  Has anyone any thoughts on this they would care to share?  I
     am taking it in for an oil service tonight, so if you are able to
     email me directly at david_bowers@domain.elided today, that would be a
     great help!

     Best regards, Dave