re: Advice on a tranny swap

>I just purchased a rather ugly looking '83 533i.  Cosmetically it's not very
>strong, but it drives beautifully and is mechanically superior to a previous
>535i that I owned.  I am, however, going to perform a transmission swap
>between my '88 635csi and the 533i.  The 533 is a 5spd. and the 635 is an
>automatic.  I am looking for tips, and advice.

Had my 635 converted but didn't do the work myself
(inadequate facilities honest). There is a wee write up on
my web page under Modifications and Tips. Well worth the
effort but do a short shift upgrade at the same time.

- --
Email: john@domain.elided, John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
Web  : http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!

End of bmw-digest V9 #1051