Re: Steering wheel & SD Autocross>>>>> L200247

On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, L200247 wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> I've been thinking of getting a new "grip" on things... The 02s skinny ,
> yet big bus steering wheel just doesn't appeal to me nymore.. and I want
> something more thick and juicy to hold on to. Any recommendations for
> those that have changed their steering wheels?

Hi Lisa,

I went to a Momo Corse for my 02.  In hindsight, I should have gone
for a suede covering for better grip, but at the time, I didn't know
it would turn into a racecar.  So, if that's really your goal, get a
suede Momo or Sparco (they're really quite similar).

> from... The 02 wants to go with a racing look... this car wants to be
> morphed into a racecar... so I'm starting with the interior.

other than steering wheel, shift knob, and pedals, you'll want to
strip the rest of your interior out if its going to be a racecar, so
be careful about what you buy for the interior...

- -Jefrem Iwaniw, jiwaniw@domain.elided, '72 2002, '94 525i
 Keller, TX