e36 Overheating

I have a 92 325is with about 140,000 miles.  Over the last 1,000 miles or so
the temperature guage goes above half way, about 3/4 after or during fast
driving for over 15 minutes.  Turning the heat on high brings the temperature
guage back to half way.  The radiator is reconditioned (about 30,000 miles on
this one).

So far I have:  1.  Changed the thermostat;  2.  Flushed the system (including
the engine block);  3.  Removed and back flushed the radiator.

Is it possible that I have a bad sensor?  Any other ideas on what to
investigate next.

Greg Crum
National Capital CCA