re: [E36-M35] Oil on Headers - HELP!!

>        I got several replies to my query on the above subject and thought
>I'll share.  Everyone seemed to point towards a leaky valve cover gasket.  I
>did find 2 of my plugs coated with motor oil recently when I changed them.
>Now, what makes the valve cover gasket leak at 50,000 miles?  Since I'll
>have to change it anyway (can't stand the fried motor oil smell), are there
>any other parts / seals I should change while I have the valve cover off?
>Better yet, any performance enhancement I could do?  Thank you so much!

Be VERY careful not to overtighten the nuts on the valve
cover or they'll strip. Use a torque wrench! The torque is
10Nm I belive. Important to get things even to avoid oil
leaks. It may be leaking due to nothing more than a loose
nut.

- --
Email: john@domain.elided, John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
Web  : http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!