Re: Mirrors folding up for tight parking spaces

<Anobel@domain.elided> said:

>> I read that at the geneva auto show, the new 3 series has mirrors
>> which fold in and up for tight parking spaces...
>
>   For the new 3 series coupe.
>
>> what i dont
>> understand is, if the spot is such a tight parking spot, once you
>> park, how the hell are you supposed to get out of the car? am i the
>> only one that realized this?  Lots of door-dinging?
>
>   Good point.   But they don't park that tight over there.   But
>tight enough in some spots that once you are out, it is hard to pass
>by your mirror and those of the next car on your way to the front of
>the cars.
>

>P.S.
>   remote folding mirrors were introduced last year by BMW in the M5.

Reminds me of something. In crowded cities, where cars are parked in a line
at the curb, it's easy enough to hit the mirrors, especially in cities with
motorcycles/mopeds/bicycles. Sometimes kids will do it for fun, stick out
your foot - taktaktaktak. Maybe that's why it folds up.

Funny that you have to guess.

Michiel