Re: bypassing alternator at WOT

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, K.C. Boyce wrote:

> I would assume that the alternator consumes more power from the engine
> than it puts out because of inefficiency.  There is no 100% efficient
> means of turning mechanical energy into electricity...
>
> But I'm kinda skeptical...sounds a lot like the E-ram theory a while
> back...

 There ain't much magical about this gizmo - turn off the alternator
on WOT to gain that little bit of HP.  If the alternator has to work
harder later to catch up, who cares?  You're unlikely to use WOT until
the battery is drained unless you're on the high speed oval.  IMHO,
this isn't nearly as fishy as the E**m.

- --
  John Bolhuis  | "With freedom comes responsibility"
 bolhuijo       |                          -Space Ghost
  @domain.elided | "With freedom comes nudity!"