RE: <E28> brake question

A firm pedal with little braking force at first means one thing: the car
needs a brake bomb (pressure accumulator).  Do yourself a favor and change
the pressure switches in the regulator at the same time.  They will leak
eventually.

K F Martin <kfmartin@domain.elided> wrote:
Could someone who has experience with E28 brakes please offer me some
advice?  I have an '87 535is w/ ABS.  My problem: the under hard braking the
pedal is very firm, very little travel and...there is a complete lack of
braking action for a period of time until the brakes kick in. the brake
light (not the abs light) on the dash comes on also;...Stuff deleted.....

Ed

P.S. Check my page in the next few weeks.  Pictures and instructions will be
up soon for the following: Big brakes, coil-overs, camber-caster plates, HD
upper control arm bushings, HD rear subframe bushings (much stiffer than M5
bushings), HD diff mounts (much stiffer than the M5 diff mount), MAF
conversion (Not Split Second's)
Ed Walters
edw@domain.elided
1988 535is with the works
1974 2002 The Rusty Whore
Team DFL - BMW performance for the real world
http://home.earthlink.net/~teamdfl