Re: <e28> brake question

Kurt,
You have a failed brake Pressure Accumulator ("the bomb").
It's easy to replace, and it's about $60.00 (e.g. Bavarian Autosport).
It is screwed into the bottom of the Pressure Regulator, under the hood
on the driver's side by the firewall and it looks like a black softball.
Before unscrewing the ball, pump the brake pedal (with the engine off)
about 20 times to bleed down the pressure in the boost system.
Start the engine and top off the power steering fluid reservoir to about
1 cm below the rim.
Andrew.
1985 535i 193k
1985 735i 185k