cold air intake setups, anyone have sources? Feedback on Jacobs ignition?

Hi all,

My '86 325 (eta) is receiving much more attention now that I've joined this
list and I'd like to thank many listmembers who answered me directly on my
last questions re: performance.  The 3.25 LSD swap is a sure thing, and
Turner told me they'd gimme $100 trade in on my Dinan chip if I buy the Jim
C., which was also highly recommended.  I had the premuffler/resonator cut
out of my Ansa oem style exhaust, and I'm surprise by the results, a pipe
was welded in place and I swear the car is noticeably more peppy and
responsive at various rpms.  wow.

My next approach is the air intake.  I've already got the K&N replacement
filter, but unless I can see a way to modify the airbox extensively, I think
that the cone style setup is the way to go.  I heard about Milos Klaco
making a heat/turbulence shield from Scott Miller, but I can't pull up
Milos' webpage.  Maybe I can do the Turner cone style now and try to
fabricate a duct assembly later.  Anyone had success with home builder parts
for this or an assembled system that they bought outright?  I love the idea
of flowing more air, but I want to make some efforts to try to get the
coldest air that I can into the filter...

Thanks in advance, and thank you to Vincent Leo, Scott Miller, Bryan Lepley,
Dave Nichols, and everyone else who relayed the great advice about the
differential swap and other performance mods.  I'm really learning how to
spend $ this week. ;)

Oh, almost forgot, second item:  Jacobs ignition:  Turner said they noticed
a decrease in performance/HP with the Jacobs setup.  I've got the system on
my car since I'd pulled it off my last vehicle, and there wasn't much
difference if any on my BMW.  Anyone else have experience with this?  I may
just put the stock coil back on the BMW and move the Jacobs setup to my El
Camino... ???

- -Rod Birch