Alarm system queries

I have just bought my first BMW (used to have Audis and VW Golfs before) =

and am finding it difficult getting info from dealers. The model is a =
1992=20
24V 525i SE. The siren box has been switched off (for what reason I do =
not=20
know) and the keys have disappeared. I am trying to find out what alarm=20
system I have got i.e immobiliser/no immobiliser, separate control=20
unit/inbuilt control unit with siren, battery backup inbuilt/non =
existent=20
etc. Each BMW dealer I speak to gives me a different answer. However all =

say that replacement keys cannot be bought. To have the siren box =
replaced=20
will cost about =A3180(UK pounds) but as I am unsure what technology is=20
actually in the siren unit, I don't know if I should shop around. Should =
I=20
replace the siren box for that money or get a whole new alarm system=20
fitted. Which is best (BMW / Non BMW i.e Clifford or Meta). I am also=20
apprehensive about tinkering with the electrics.

Can anybody, anywhere give me a definitive answer??? What shall I do?

Regards

Salman