Kleen Wheels, I've heard bad things...

I'm another new member of the list, but I have some input into Robert's
question about whether or not the "Kleen Wheels" brake dust shields are any
good.

It seems that several people on the Porsche list were discussing them once,
and it seems like they make your rotors run hotter and actually warp from
the heat.  It looked like only one member had this experience, but he was
adamant about his findings.

I had a customer with an 89 Speedster (sorry, another Porsche reference) and
he had these shields on his car, they also block the view of the rotors and
calipers, which some might consider a drawback.  I know that they're
supposed to "direct" air away from the rotors, perhaps to cool them, but I
think that the modest louvres (sp?) they have don't look like they could be
that effective.  I wouldn't do it, I'd rather clean my wheels that worry
about overheating brake parts, especially when I might need them.

just my $.02

- -Rod