1997 M3 lease soon to expire ... looking at the options

     I have a '97 M3.  The lease expires in May this year.  I am looking at
     my options, as in whether I should buy it or give it back and get a
     new one.

     The sticker price on it was $43,575, which gives it a residual
     purchase price (at 73%) of $31,810.

     Looking at the Kelly Blue Book site, it has a value of $31,325 ... so,
     I would be interested to know what anyone who has been in a similar
     situation has considered in making this decision (I love the car, but
     am sure I would also love a new one!), so I am only looking at it from
     the "dollars and cents" perspective.

     Have any of you recently sold or purchased a similar M3?  Would you
     mind telling me what a likely ballpark figure would be?  I am in
     Chicago if this makes any difference.  You are welcome to send replies
     directly to me at david_bowers@domain.elided

     TIA, Dave