Wireless key access

The wireless key access for my 97 E36 328i coupe does not seem to work after
repairs were done to the car.  This model came equiped with three buttons on the
key fob which controls the alarm system and interior lighting.  I connected the
MoDic II to the car dignostic and discovered some error with the key codes and
was told to check the transmit and receive module which probably needs resetting
through the MoDic II.  Can anyone advise me on how I should tackle the problem.

Thanks and best regards.

See Meng
97 E36 coupe 3.0l conversion