Re: E30 Transmission

Lately I have been experiencing problems engaging reverse following
start up of my '90 325is.  I usually let the car warm up for a minute
or two before trying to engage gears.  I don't force the gear into the
gate, instead I search the gear pattern for a gear that engages, then
go into reverse with no problem.  What could this be attributed to?  I
have heard that there are forks or sleeves that wear out and need
replacing.  i just want to make sure I don't break anything and can
nip this before anything major happens, if anything.  BTW, once the
car is driven (or is warmed up)the problem does not return.

Any advise or comments would be appreciated.

TIA

Peter