<e38> 1995 740i - you guessed it...sulphur question

Well, I talked about buying a '95 or '96 740 and finally decided that I
didn't want the iL version, so the '95 was the most I could afford.  Out
here in the SF area, perfect examples bring a premium and I'm afraid I was
too intent on having the features and color instead of fighting harder for
the price...oh well...I'll get over the buyers remorse part, the car is
incredible.  My question is this, I've checked the records...the car was
corporate owned in North Carolina (I hear NC is home of high sulphur gas),
yet, it has 49000 miles, the records do not indicate that the engine has
been swapped, and it idles incredibly smoothly...(it is certified..and I'm
waiting for the $500 back from BMW NA)...what gives?  (production date 7/95
and in service 11/95).  Seems to me that since the car hasn't yet had the
problem, behaves normally now, and is now in California w/ low sulphur, that
this car will likely not need the engine change...thoughts?
John Thomas
95 740i
94 318i  FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!  $15,400 / OBO
87 325   Can't part with it!