Re: Cleaning a K & N filter

You need a K&N recharge kit (some folks use other stuff to clean them,
though. I say start with what they say and go from there). Get a kit a
Pep Boys or similar (about US $12). The kit has cleaner, oil, and
instructions for service. Basically, you soak it to clean, dry it, and
respray with oil.

Josh

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, Mark Porath wrote:

> When I purchased the 89 325is it came with a K & N filter.  This filter =
> is not cone
> shaped but cylinderical and not sheilded in any way but is dirty.  What =
> I want to
> know is how do I maintane this filter, clean or what ever else it needs?

> ----------------------------
> Mark Porath
> 89' 325is     (waiting for it's new slotted rotors and pagid pads)
> 84' 318i       (restoration project)
> 98 B2300    (what the wife drives)

- --
- --