seat stuff revisited

Digesters,

I must have scared people off with my questions about seats or
something.(?) I haven't heard from anyone... and since I'm still fairly
new at this digest thing, let's see if this is a better approach.

I have a 1994 318i and I would like to install a seat with better
support. Suppose I find one that I like...  ;^)

How do you disconnect the seat belt tensioner?

Can I use the stock seat base/rails and mount a different seat on it?

Does anyone have recommendations for getting a four point harness into a
318i for lapping days and such?

Please e-mail me directly: smostad@domain.elided
ANY advice and comments are appreciated.

Thanks
Stephen Mostad
'94 318i
BMW - Freude am Fahren