Seat Stuff

Hi Everyone,

Normally just a lurker, but compelled to ask a few questions on seats.

I just acquired a Scheel-Mann seat last night, not bad shape, but will
probably recover it with a more grippy material in the appropriate
color.

Three questions.

1) Is anyone familiar with these seats? I'm missing the seat adjustment
knobs for the tilt feature on the seat back. It takes two of them. Not a
huge deal, but interested in completing the look.

2) A posting not too long ago cautioned against pulling out the stock
seat before disconnecting the tensioner sensor wire... can someone
really briefly re-explain the procedure?

3) Is there any possibility of using the stock seat rails, or will I
have to fabricate/buy a set of rails? What I'm concerned with, is that
the seat belt attaches to the base of the seat, and I'm not sure how an
aftermarket product would accommodate this setup. What happens to the
tensioner?

(OK, I lied, one more)

4) How easy is it to get a four (or five) point harness into the car for
lapping days and such? I really wanted to avoid drilling and I'm
wondering if it can be done without hacking into the bodywork, floors,
etc...

Recommendations and advice are much appreciated!

Thanks
Stephen Mostad
'94 318i w/208,000km