Re: K&N filters/my experiences

At 08:12 PM 3/9/99 -0500, Cookies@domain.elided wrote:
>............. if anybody with a K&N wants to flame me, just wipe your finger
>in the air tube downstream from your K&N FIRST, then see what's on your
>finger. :-))

Just did it a few days ago. Licked my clean finger afterwards. ;) Had ~25k
miles on my new K&N in my GTi. No re-oils or any service (as recommended).
When I took the filter out for my cold weather/open cone experiment, I did
the "white glove" test on the inside of the airbox top and found absolutely
no dust or residue. Of course your mileage may vary, and you don't have to
like K&N filters. I do.

Josh

Josh Tibbs
xjosh@domain.elided