Re: K&N

In a message dated 3/9/99 2:22:26 PM Pacific Standard Time, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< That way you'd get the ram air effect, and the K&N filter would allow
 far more of the air to flow through it than a stock filter.  >>

~~~~~~~` And therein lies the problem. More unfiltered air due to less air
restriction passage design. Paper gets the REAL fine stuff that gets into your
cylinder walls and wreaks havoc. You can't have MORE airflow without LESS
restriction,which leads to MORE DIRT getting inside. Bummer. Engines are too
expensive to rebuild over possible damage by a foam/oil filter, IMO.

Randy
cookies@domain.elided
...........sold my K&N for $10 and happy I got     $10..................