Re: Will External Antenna Help?

I have a '90 535i and also live in the Balto-DC area. I've experienced
poor AM reception with my in-glass antenna too(with OEM radio).

I know the AM is poor because I like to listen to all-news AM stations
and Baltimore, where I live, doesn't have one. So I tried to pull in
1500 AM which is the DC all-news station (WTOP, I think). It is
completely unreadable in my car from Baltimore.

A while ago I had rental car for a few months, and the plain vanilla
stock radio and external antenna in the Geo Metro pulled it in loud
and clear, every time.

Had the dealer check the antenna booster and he sez it's okay.  I just
live with it now.

Joe
'90 535i(m) 190K+ miles and going strong...