<E30> OBC range display fixed

Hi,

Today I managed to get the OBC range display on my 87 325es working again.

I put a nut on the back of the fuel gauge. That fixed it. Apparently the
contact that the stud on the fuel gauge housing makes isn't necessary for
the fuel gauge itself to operate properly, but it is necessary for the OBC
to know how much fuel the tank has. I don't know why this nut was missing,
but it wasn't there when I bought my car last October.

Messing around took about two hours with a latte (sorry, no beer!).

I'm happy. And I can go 267 more miles before I need to be at a gas
station. Of course things aren't very accurate until my average fuel
consumption is average again.

Good luck,

Michiel