<E36> Alpina oil gage as featured in March Roundel

Hi all:

I received the March "Roundel" yesterday.
There's an article on adding different
oil temp gages to the E36.
I have a '96 328ia and was
considering the purchase of the Alpina
readout that installs on the ledge in front
of the instrument cluster.

Has anyone out there bought and installed
the Alpina kit in their E36? How difficult
was the install?...I've done the factory
alarm and CD changer installs myself...how
much more involved is the Alpina install?
How hard is it to install the Alpina wiring?
(where/what exactly does it hook into?)

A company rep told me even with experience
it would take 6-8 hours...their sending me
the catalog with the Alpina unit install
instructions so I can make a decision, but
any other experiences with the Alpina unit
would be appreciated.

Please respond via email to me.

TIA,
- -B