98 E36 M3 Starter

Has anyone had any problems with their starters on a E36 M3.  When I
start the car in the morning, it always takes two cranks before
starting. It doesnt matter whether its cold /hot outside. I usually dont
crank it for more than 5 secs on the first turn.  On second crank engine
will turn over immediately.  Also ,when the car has been driven, it will
have no problem starting on the first crank.

I've taken it to my dealer, and they have replaced the DME relay on it
both times...sitll doesnt work.  3rd time around, I went to another
dealer and they told me that BMW is aware of the problem!  Any ideas

Thanks

Stan
98M3