318is

Hi:
	I am considering purchasing a 1991 318is, with 129,000 miles.  The
current owner has had it since 60,000 mi, and does not know if the Timing
Case Profile Gasket has been changed (it has not been under his ownership)
Is there any way to tell if it has been changed short of tearing down the
engine??  Should I avoid the car b/c risk of this gasket failing??  I know
it typically fails at about 50-70,000 miles; does anyone out there have
over 100,000 on the original gasket??

Thanks very much,

Pete Brookmeyer
'80 320i