528e auto transmission; don't bother with chip!

Thought this might interest the digest.  I'd heard good things about the
j Conforti chip, so I called Turner Motorsport to maybe order one, but I
had my doubts about its efficacy with the auto transmission.  The
salesman informed me with a little prodding,  barely able to conceal the
contempt in his tone,  that "the 528e with an automatic transmission is
one of the slowest cars that BMW has made in 20 years.  It's a big heavy
car that's underpowered.  I don't think the chip will make a big
difference.  It's probably not a wise investment."  At least he's
honest.  Any opinions.  It's no racing car, but I wouldn't call it
"underpowered."