Re: 86 528e replace starter

At 10:50 AM 3/3/99 -0500, Steve wrote:
> i am replacing the starter and was wondering how hard it is to reach
>the two bolts(studs holding it on,  looking under the hood real quick it
>looks like the bolts are hard to see

Steve,

The book say's it is a 1 hr job.  On my car it wasn't just two bolts, but
also two nuts that took removal of a lot of intake plumbing (M5...lots of
intake stuff) to get off.  I've heard this story from other E28 owners.
Since you car is an '86 it may be different.  Check you new starter for
thread's and you'll have your answer.

If you just need to remove the bolts it shouldn't take too much time.

FWIW

Jerry Chyo
'88 M5
'72 tii