Re: E34's FOREVER!

Hi Jay,

You may have a point about the new stud. (I'm 53 and wondering if I
ought to get an automatic (shudder) to carry me into my old age.)

BTW, I agree that the E39's are wonderful machines. Drove a 540i
6-speed last weekend along with a 540iT StepTronic. Both were smooth,
powerful, agile blazers. But, and I know this is subjective, neither
left me longing for one afterwards. This is the same feeling I get
when test driving a Lexus. While I'm driving one I can't imagine
buying anything else.  But once the test drive is over I forget about
it completely.

My 535i, on the other hand, still excites me as much now as when I was
drooling over its brochures in 1990, 190,000 miles ago.

YMMV.

Cheers,
Joe