Re: E34's FOREVER!

Jay Kenty wrote:
> Joe Mazza wrote:
> ".....There is considerable discussion about whether the E39 is a
worthy
> successor to the E34.  The jury is still out.  Many people, myself
> included, think the E39's styling is boring (at best) and the initial
> quality seems to be well below that of the bulletproof E34 standard..."
>
> Joe- I beg to differ, respectfully.  My wife and I fully intended to
> purchase an E34 this past Fall, and we tested several '95s- 525i, 530i,
> 530iT.  They were great cars.  Then my wife and I tested an E39, and we
> couldn't believe the improvement.  We even went back to test
another E34 to
> verify what we had experienced.

Yup - I have to agree.  My father-in-law has an E34 (535) and my
wife has an E39 (528i 5-spd).  The 535 is truly an excellent car, but
the E39 consistently blows me away.

We took the E39 to Thunderhill over the weekend for the GGC driving
school.  The car was amazing.  At one point I thought I had pushed
the car near its limits and two laps with my instructor at the wheel
proved that the problem lay with the driver.  :)

While I'm at it, Kudos to the Golden Gate Chapter for a stellar
driving school.  I could not have had more fun!  Color me hooked.

- - Mark
  '95 M3, for sale (send me mail)
  '97 528i 5-spd, newly-christened track machine
  '89 Toyota MR2 Supercharged, future track car
- -----
Mark Dadgar
OpenGL Product Manager
CoreOS Product Manager