E34's FOREVER! (Was: Do I have an E34 or E39?)

You have an E34, and a great one at that!

There is considerable discussion about whether the E39 is a worthy
successor to the E34.  The jury is still out.  Many people, myself
included, think the E39's styling is boring (at best) and the initial
quality seems to be well below that of the bulletproof E34 standard.

So keep your E34 and enjoy!  Mine's a '90 535i 5-speed manual. I've
put over 190,000 miles on it since new, and it still looks and drives
great.

Try this link to get more info on your car:

http://www.bimmer.org/e34/messages/

Cheers,
Joe

- ---bmw-digest <owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided> wrote:

> bmw-digest         Sunday, February 28 1999         Volume 09 :
Number 1001

> Forum for Discussion of BMW Automobiles
>        Richard Welty <rwelty@domain.elided>
>        Digest Coordinator
>
> Contents:
>
> 	<all> roof top experience/save me from Sears
> 	Re: <E36> headlamp warning gong
> 	Parint out Calif-clean 74 2002
> 	BMW Digest Advertisers: weekly posting
> 	[E36] Cold/Ram Air Snorkel/ And more air
> 	<E36> FS M3 rear bumper cover
> 	OOPS Revised CD info
> 	<E39 near-WOB> 528iT Tail Lights
> 	Hello! (and questions...)
> 	(no subject)
> 	air flow meter fix
> 	<e30> <FS> 3-Series Armrest w/Cupholder
> 	do I have an E34 or E39?
> 	<E30> M20 Oil Housing Problem (Help!)
> 	ticking rattlng noise on start
> 	Improving performance of an E36 328i
> 	REDLINE OIL??
> 	BMW Motorsports Door Handles
>
> BMW Digest Home Page: /bmw/
>
> Send submissions to bmw-digest@domain.elided
>
> Send administrative requests to bmw-digest-request@domain.elided
>
> To unsubscribe, include the word unsubscribe by itself in the body of
> the message, unless you are sending the request from a different
address
> than the one that appears on the list.  Include the word help in a
> message to bmw-digest-request to get a list of other majordomo
> commands.

> Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 21:33:37 EST
> From: Wombat7762@domain.elided
> Subject: <all> roof top experience/save me from Sears
>
> I find myself in the market for an enclosed roof top carrier for the
ol' 5s
> and am interested if anyone has had any experience with these
accessories.
> Sears offers a kind of big plastic box that sits flat on top of the
roof, held
> in place with adjustable straps that clip on to the rain gutters.
The better
> type of carrier seems to have a frame that holds the carrier *above*
the roof,
> resting on the rain gutters.
>
> There is an official streamlined BMW roof top carrier, cool-looking
but small
> (and likely pricey) that fits this bill. Anyone know of any others?
>
> Thanks
> Blake
> 89 535 i(s) lots o' stuff
> 93 525 i     stock
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 22:50:02 -0500
> From: "Jay Kenty" <FREEDOMNH@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re: <E36> headlamp warning gong
>
> Sean Murphy wrote
>
> "Is it possible to change the type of warning gong that sounds when
the keys
> are removed from the ignition and the lights are left on in my E36?
The
> noise is really annoying (and yes I know that it is meant to be).
The one
> fitted in a friends Renault does the same job but sounds much
'classier'.
> Also where is this chimer located?"
>
> Sean- my headlamp warning is a buzzer, not a gong, and it just
annoying
> enough to get my attention.  Maybe you should check to see if
someone wired
> your lights to the gong, or, maybe UK E36s are different from NA
E36s in

http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html
> or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 01:00:01 -0500
> From: Richard Welty <rwelty@domain.elided>
> Subject: BMW Digest Advertisers: weekly posting
>
> The following advertisers support the BMW Digest; when planning your
> purchases, consider contacting them:
>
> Ireland Engineering                       626-359-7674
> BMW Parts and Racing           http://www.bmw2002.com/
>         Jeffery Ireland <jireland@domain.elided>
>

> Special Note:
>
> Any digest advertising by Rodd Sidney is in violation of list policy.
> We are attempting to devise functioning filters to prevent this
advertising.

> For information on how to support the digest with advertising, contact
> Richard Welty, rwelty@domain.elided
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 15:04:06 +0800
> From: Brandon Ong <ong2jr@domain.elided>
> Subject: [E36] Cold/Ram Air Snorkel/ And more air
>
>         Hello guyz.  The Cold/Ram Air Snorkel is in.  Took me only 45
> minutes to install, thanks to the list members who offered a tip or
two.
> However, I had problems finding a new location for the horn and
therefore,
> installed it beside the air filter box.  Alright.......compared to
the K&N
> Cone Filter that has been removed, the car seems more torquey.  Prolly
> better at high speeds but haven't found the time to test the car out
yet.
> Next I'll do would be to bored the throttle body and get the chip
> reprogrammed.  A performance shop is also trying to get me to buy a
pair of
> performance camshafts (HIOP).  That would set me back about US$1100.
 Said
> it'll fit all M50 engines.  Is this true? He also mentioned that
I'll see