Tire buying advice

For those buying tires mail-order, you may want to check your local
tire places.  NTB in the DC area will match Tire Rack ads.  Clearance
items may be a different story, but it's worth a phone call if you are
in the market for tires.  Advantage?  NTB has a 30 day ride guarantee.
 Don't like the ride/handling of the tires after you've tested them for
30 days or less?  Go back, and pick out another set.

Ron Browne
1992 318is
Bowie, MD
- ------------

Let me add my experience to Ron Browne's advice.  Although they don't
advertise it, NTB will match the price of any advertised mail-order retailer
on tires or wheels; just show them the add.  I found this out by accident a
couple of years ago when I stopped by an NTW aka NTW in Atlanta to see what
some TSW wheels I was considering looked like up close and personal.  When I
showed the mail-order add to them and asked if they had the same wheels, I
was told that they did and that they would match the advertised mail-order
price.  Since then I have bought 2 sets of wheels and 3 sets of tires from
NTB at the mail-order price but without the mail-order hassle.  In addition,
I traded in 1 set of tires when I decided I wanted a different size.
Incidentally, I don't have any interest in NTB, but I do believe in passing
along useful information.

Also, for those of you looking for offset information on BMWs, TSW has model
specific offset information on their website at TSW.com.

92 M5 mit TSW Hoks and Yokes
93 325is mit Moda M1s and Yokes
Ron Sanders
Phone: 404-639-4678