e36 m3 front suspension parts on an e36 325i

>Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 12:56:47 -0700
>From: "Rob" <motor@domain.elided>
>Subject: <E36> M3 to 325 suspension compatability ??
>
>    Does anyone know what suspension parts can be swapped from a '95 M3 to
>'93 325is?
>My main concern is the front control arms and bushings.  I'll be using M3
>Bilsten Sports and M3 sway bars but I don't know if I can use the M3
control
>arms.
>Any advice?

Rob, In the front, if you will be fitting very_large_brakes in the future
(if I'm any judge of character), you;ll want the 95 M3 front
control arms.  (Not the 96 or 97).  (At least I think its 95.  Check with
Karl at Active to make sure.  This is what we researched and applied
to my car.)

This is why:  that big bushing at the back of the control arm from
the 95 M3, apart from being offset like all the M3s, is *solid*.
Unlike the other years' M3s.  96 and 97 M3s have offset bushings
also, but the bushings aren't solid...there's open space in them.

What that means is under massive braking, if you've fitted big
brakes, your brakes will shimmy as if they're warped if your
car doesn't have the solid bushings.

Please check to make sure its the 95 ones that are solid.
I may have the years reversed.

Anywwwways, you'd probably want the upper strut
mounts in the front too for the increased caster.

Jason