Re: 6 speed is no stronger than the 5 speed.

In a message dated 2/23/99 6:17:41 AM Central Standard Time, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< I talked with Leo Franchi at length tonight also, his belief echos your
 Group N contacts in that the 6 speed is no stronger than the 5 speed. >>

Jason,

That is true, The 6-speed isn't going to be any stronger than the 5-speed. The
6-speed does offer one definite benefit. That is: you can you a lower final
drive ratio
(go from the stock 3.15:1 or 3.23:1 final drive ratio to a 3.64:1 or 3.73:1
final drive
ratio) for better off the line accelaration, along with having a extra,
overdrive, gear(6th
gear) to maintain acceptible top speeds of 150+ mph. Those speeds should be
easily reached with 400-500hp anyway. By the way(BTW), off the line
accelaration
should be no problem with 400-500hp, but the objective is to use whatever
advantage
you can get to make your point, especially when representing our fellow
Bimwads.

Can you say 0-60mph = 4.0+/- seconds?

Thanks,
Corey
'94 325isit -"returns"

P.S. Try to get traction control or a Quaife differential.

End of bmw-digest V9 #995